Life Lived Inside: Can I Get A HOOOYYAAA?
I realize it's a bit of an old trend, but for some reason, my kids have only recently discovered the old Vine where someone shouted ‘Can I get a Hoya’ before jumping down some stairs. So now, especially when they're with their cousins, they run around yelling it back and forth. The funny thing is, every time they shout it, all I can think about are Hoyas. And we know the houseplant community hears it too! We love watching all the Reels and TikToks that feature the goofy audio; we even jumped on the trend and made a Reel a few weeks back showcasing some of our favorite Hoyas. Now you can get a HOYAAAA and save 10% with code hoyasummer at checkout. New hoyas, funky ferns, and some pink plants all go live at noon EST. Happy Planting!
- Keep in bright indirect light to maintain the beautiful colors, preferably an east- or north-facing window. We can confidently say these are no filter photos.
- Water just as the first few inches of soil start drying out, they like staying moist but not soaking wet. Too little water can lead to crispy tips while too much water can lead to yellowing tips.
- Another way to avoid those crispy tips is to keep the humidity higher. Place near other plants or a humidifier and keep away from air vents.
- When growing indoors, this pink-popping plant can get up to three feet tall and two feet wide! Talk about dreamy tropical vibes.
- Just like Prayer Plants and some Calatheas, the leaves on Stromanthe can curl up at night, further revealing their gorgeous magenta bellies. So don’t fret! The plant isn’t dying, we just like to think it’s praying to the plant gods for good health.