We understand the concerns of ordering plants through the mail. What if the packaging is bad? Will the plant die from lack of water? What if the weather is too cold or too hot? How much waste is involved with shipping?
We considered all of these questions (and more) and after many trials, we solidified a method that ensures your plant arrives happy and healthy.
- We cover the soil with moss to help maintain moisture levels while they travel
- The plants are double sleeved and secured with a rubber band and twine
- Next, they’re placed into a box filled with biodegradable packing peanuts and topped off with more. This keeps the plants from bouncing around inside the box
- The boxes are securely sealed and feature several stamps indicating “Live Plants” are inside
- If the weather is too cold, a FREE heat-pack is included. We’ll promptly notify you if shipping needs to be delayed in cases of extreme cold.
- If the weather is too hot, we may delay shipping and will promptly notify you of this change
Sustainability is Our Goal
Since Mother Nature provides such beautiful plants for us, we want to thank her by being more sustainable. We use paper sleeves, biodegradable packing peanuts, recyclable boxes, and paper Care Cards for the plants.
Shipping Locations and Carriers
We're based in Central Florida and currently ship anywhere in the continental United States. As for carriers, we use UPS or USPS.
Shipping to Multiple Addresses
Wanting plants for yourself and a friend? Maybe you're sending something to a family member but you really want that rare plant? All we ask is this: please place separate orders for each shipping address.
Cost of Shipping
We want to keep your shipping rate as low as possible, that’s why we calculate the best price based off your location.
You Can Delay Your Shipping Date
Out of town but can’t wait to purchase that gorgeous plant? We understand! At checkout, you have the option to specify your shipping date up two weeks out from the date you place the order. We will continue to hold and care for your plant babies until your specified shipping date.
Who doesn’t love getting their plants as quickly as possible? At checkout, you have the option to select UPS 2nd Day Air and UPS 3 Day Select depending on your location.
Once your order is placed, we typically process it, get it packaged and in the mail within 2-5 business days. Each order comes with a tracking number, so you can follow your plant baby as it travels across the country.
Issues Upon Arrival?
If there’s an issue with a plant upon arrival, please contact us within 48 hours at firstname.lastname@example.org and include pictures of the plants. We want to solve the problem as quickly as possible so your new plant can thrive.
We monitor the temperatures in all of our shipping destinations and will add a complimentary heat pack to your package(s) if your area is experiencing low temperatures. If it's extremely cold for an extended period of time in your area, we may hold your order until temperatures are more favorable for a safe plant journey.